In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- Growth House – Discusses hospice care, dying with dignity, terminal illness, grief and bereavement.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
WELCOME to Koinonia Baptist Church, Inc., by clicking the button below, you will remain updated with all the events going on at the church.
Koinonia Baptist Church, Inc. has a safe and secure way of making online financial contributions. Click the button below to begin.
Check out and take part in our various ministries here at Koinonia Baptist Church, Inc.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT WEEKLY BIBLE STUDY @ 6:00 p.m.
© Koinonia Baptist Church, Inc. | site by: articdesigns.com | EmailLOGIN